|Specialties:||Asset Services, Investment Advisory Services|
Bart Matheney is a founding principal of AQUILA Commercial and has been instrumental in growing the institutional asset portfolio. AQUILA has grown to 5 million square feet of third party leasing and management assignments winning such key assignments as 301 Congress, The Terrace, 9500 Arboretum and many others from such clients as Hines, Commonwealth Partners, PacTrust, McShane/Metlife, Claydesta/Behringer Harvard and others.
Prior to founding AQUILA Commercial, Bart Matheney was with CB Richard Ellis as Senior Vice President – Director of Leasing heading up the marketing and leasing group of Asset Services and Brokerage for the Central Texas region.
Mr. Matheney has worked with many institutional owners and corporate users and represented some of Austin’s premier properties including One American Center (500,000 SF), Austin Centre (1,000,000 SF mixed-use complex) and 301 Congress (400,000 SF) in the CBD and many of Austin’s trophy suburban assets, including 9500 Arboretum, Stonebridge Plaza, Lantana, The Terrace and many others.
Mr. Matheney has been involved in numerous investment sales and recapitalizations over the last several years including such prominent buildings as Capstar Plaza, Frost Bank Tower, Las Cimas, Capitol Center, Wells Fargo Tower, 7700 Parmer and many others. Additionally, Mr Matheney has represented some of the largest corporate users in Austin including Siemens, Charles Schwab, First American Flood Data, Freescale, Temple Inland, Green Mountain/ NRG, Dun & Bradstreet, Wachovia and Prudential.
• Represented McShane Development and Metropolitan Life in the disposition of a 1,000,000 SF campus to Apple
• Represented Charles Schwab in a 160,000 SF renewal and expansion
• Represented Spear Street Capital in the acquisition of a 1,000,000 SF Freescale Campus and have leased almost 500,000 SF in the last two years
• Preleased Capstar Plaza to 100% (120,000 SF) prior to groundbreaking and assisted in $40M recapitalization
• Completed in excess of 10,000,000 square feet of leasing and sales transactions.
• ABJ’s #2 Heavy Hitter three out of the last six years.
• Top Five in CBRE’s central Texas region.
• Represented a number of corporate users for requirements totaling almost 2,000,000 square feet.
• Involved in Investments Sales of almost 3 million square feet over the last four years
• The University of Texas at Austin, Business Administration, 1983
• Executive Board Member - Opportunity Austin
• UT Real Estate Finance Council
• Lake Travis Education Foundation - Board Member
• Westlake United Methodist Board of Trustees
• Busby Foundation Taste of Austin Chair
• CLBA, RECA, ULI