Miles T Whitten
Specialties: Project Management
Miles brings a strong mix of program management and product development experience to the project management team at AQUILA.
Miles works with an array of clients on interior build-outs, renovations and ground-up developments. As a project manager, he is responsible for managing all aspects of the design and construction process for his clients.
Before joining AQUILA, Miles managed the expansion operations division for a Bay Area biotech company. Acting as an internal real estate manager, Miles oversaw the market analysis, site selection and lease negotiation process as the company expanded into five new markets, including retail, office, lab and industrial facilities. He also managed the design and construction process for each of these locations, notably the $35 million build-out of the company’s Palo Alto headquarters.
Miles’ background lies in mechanical engineering, process optimization and product development. He first entered the commercial real estate industry during his tenure at Circular Energy, an Austin-based renewable energy and energy efficiency company, where he worked directly with commercial real estate owners, investors and operators.
Although a native Austinite and proud Longhorn, a deep Duke Blue courses through Miles’ veins.
- Masters in Engineering Management, The University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Duke University
- Real Estate Council of Austin (RECA), Member
- Commercial Brokers Association of Austin (CBA), Member
- Urban Land Institute of Austin (ULI), Member
- ULI Austin, Mentorship Forum for Young Leaders
Leadership Skills for Managers Certificate, The University of Texas at Austin Professional Development Center
I’m Miles T Whitten, and I’m a project manager with AQUILA. In this video I’ll answer the top questions I get asked about hiring a project manager:
- What is a project manager?
- Who needs a project manager?
- When should I engage a project manager?
- How long will my office build-out take?
- Why should I hire a project manager?
- How much does it cost to hire a project manager?