Specialties: Tenant Representation, Investment Services, Office
Jay is one of AQUILA’s vivacious founding partners and an institution in the Austin commercial real estate industry.
Jay is a member of AQUILA’s eight-person Management Committee and is a leader of the firm’s tenant representation team.
Jay is an Austin, Texas-based commercial real estate broker with a Christian heart who’s dedicated to family, faith, philanthropy and spreading wisdom through his self-proclaimed “Yoda-esque and ass-kicking ways” and through his integration of movie quotes into every conversation.
Jay leverages his background in investment banking and venture capital to better serve his clients in the commercial real estate arena, specifically on lease acquisitions and dispositions and asset purchase and sale transactions. He has been honored numerous times by the Austin Business Journal and others for his outstanding work on some of Austin’s most highly visible transactions.
Jay has a deeply entrepreneurial spirit and in January 2007 broke out of the institutional world with several partners to found AQUILA Commercial. He envisioned a commercial real estate firm where creativity was promoted, hard work rewarded and silos didn’t exist.
Prior to founding AQUILA, Jay played an integral role in growing The Staubach Company’s Austin office. Jay started his career working for CIBC Oppenheimer’s investment banking group in New York City. After that Jay worked at Bariston Partners, a merchant bank/venture capital group in Boston before returning to his hometown of Austin, Texas.
On Saturdays, you can find Jay cheering on the Rice Owls. On Sunday you can see him exercise his vocal cords in St. John Neumann’s Catholic Church Choir and during the week at 4.00 anyone can join him to workout with his MMA instructor.
- Austin Business Journal, Heavy Hitter – Multiple Years
- Austin Business Journal Transaction of the Year – Multiple Years
- First Team GTE and CFA Academic All-American Football Player – 1995
- Bob Quin Outstanding Scholar Athlete Award (highest award given to a student athlete at Rice University) – 1996
- Southwest Conference Jacoby Sportsmanship Award (recognizes the student who best displays the attributes of sportsmanship, leadership, citizenship and academic integrity)
- Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC), Licensed Real Estate Sales Agent
- Legatus, Member
- St. John Paul II, Family Board Member
- Rice Alliance, Member
- St. John Neumann Catholic Church, Pastoral Council
Bachelor of Arts, Managerial Studies and Economics, Rice University, Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Get to Know Jay Lamy
Goodwill Industries of Central Texas