Specialties: Project Leasing, Investment Services, Office
What a large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life by him who interests himself in everything." -Laurence Sterne
Bart Matheney is one of AQUILA’s founding principals and has been a major player in the Austin commercial real estate industry for decades.
Bart works with institutional owners and corporate users on some of Austin’s most high-profile transactions, including the sale of Frost Bank Tower, the sourcing of the IBM Campus for Charles Schwab, the leasing of 301 Congress and the original 100% pre-leasing of JLL Plaza. He specializes in office leasing and investment sales, but has a hand in tenant representation as well, having represented a number of premier Austin tenants including Charles Schwab, Freescale, and Dun and Bradstreet.
An Austinite since the 70s, Bart not only knows the city and its real estate market like the back of his hand, he knows the history of each project and his relationships in the town run deep.
After building his real estate career with CBRE, in January 2007, Bart struck out with several partners to found AQUILA Commercial. He envisioned a commercial real estate firm where creativity was promoted, hard work rewarded and silos didn’t exist.
Bart is the heart, soul and coach of the AQUILA Dirty Bird volleyball team. Every Tuesday throughout the spring and summer, you’ll find him on the sand cheering the team to victory.
- Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC), Licensed Real Estate Sales Agent
- Opportunity Austin, Executive Board Member
- University of Texas Real Estate Finance Council
- Commercial Brokers Association of Austin (CBA), Member
- Real Estate Council of Austin (RECA), Member
- Urban Land Institute of Austin (ULI), Member
- Austin Business Journal, Heavy Hitter – Multiple Years
- CoStar, Power Broker – Multiple Years
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, The University of Texas at Austin
Get to Know Bart Matheney